We have in the area of 25 lenders that have non-warrantable condo loan programs. Below, you will see some examples of what we have available. Check back often as we are constantly updating our information.
In the world of mortgage lending, "Non-warrantable" condominium means is that any mortgage tied to it cannot be sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. So if you want to purchase a non-warrantable condo, you're going to need an unconventional lender or unconventional loan program; Non-Agency, Non-Agency Jumbo, Non-Prime or Non-QM.
Reasons can include:
- Conventional lenders will not approve a loan with a Loan-to-Value (LTV) greater than 75%
- Less than 50% of the units are owner-occupied
- Greater than 85% ownership within the condo project must be current on monthly dues
- Amenities in development must be complete if project is greater than 12 months old
- 10+% of the units cannot be owned by a single person or business legal entity. Some conventional lender have over-lays on their already strict guidelines that require a higher percentage
- Minor litigation
Unconventional lenders have non-warrantable loan programs with guidelines that are far more sensible and therefor able to offer a diverse variety of loan programs.